Sat, Jun 05|
The Farm at Awbury
June All Abilities Ramble
A monthly, inclusive, and sensory-friendly space for folx with disabilities and their friends/family!
Time & Location
Jun 05, 2021, 11:00 AM – 1:00 PM
The Farm at Awbury, 6336 Ardleigh St, Philadelphia, PA, USA
About the event
This event is FREE and open to the public, however, it is specifically geared towards people living with disablities.
A VERY IMPORTANT NOTE!
We offer this event for free, however space is limited. If you register and are not able to come you must let us know ASAP (preferably 48 hours in advance) so that we can offer your spot to another special family)
Here is a list of reasons that are NOT worth cancelling for:
1. Your child or family member is having a tough day and is reluctant to try something new. We promise, goats can help.
2. You are running late and are worried you will misss your time slot. Just give us a call and we will wait for you!
3. Someone is having a tantrum and it's difficult/embarrasing. We truly understand. This is a space full of folx that understand behaviorial challenges and are full of empathy towards them. Please come, tantrums, tears, and all.
4. My child is refusing to get out of the car. No problem. We will bring a goat to the car! Goats are flexible and accommodating.
Not sure if you need to cancel? Here is a list of really good reasons not to come:
1. Your child or family member doesn't have transportation to the farm
2. You have found yourself stranded on an island far from home
3. Beyonce showed up at your house for brunch and she doesn't want to meet the goats
Visit the farm, hang out with the goats and chickens, and enjoy the great outdoors in Philly's favorite backyard!
ADA accessible bathroom available.
RSVP and let us know how we can prepare for your visit.
Social distancing (unless you are a goat) and masks are required for everyone.
***Rain Date = Sunday, June 6th from 11-1***